PC Tots Fact Sheet
1.What is your mission?
PC Tots is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high quality, affordable, and safe childcare for working families in the Park City community. Our Extended Day Learning Program focus on Early Childhood education, social development, and cultural awareness for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years old.
2. What will my child be doing while in the care of PC Tots?
PC Tots utilizes Creative Curriculum that focuses on “Studies” which encourage your child to share their preexisting knowledge, explore, and exercise critical thinking skills around themes such as; trees, wheels, ramps, clothing, music etc. The classroom environment is primarily student driven, the children are encouraged to explore the classroom during “choice time,” with elements of teacher directed time (Large Group Time, Read-aloud, Small skill group time) as well. Your child will be working on a wide range of skills and activities that include:
- Language Activities- Large group time allows children to share in discussions of experiences and concepts with which they are familiar and to share new ideas.
- Gross Motor Activities- Outside time and our gym area activities help children to exercise and develop physically in fun and cooperative ways.
- Number Recognition- math concepts, such as size, shape, counting and one to one correspondence.
- Listening and Literacy Skills- Read aloud give children the exposure to books and literacy skills and encourages children to ask questions, think critically, and use prediction skills.
- Discovery and Science – simple science concepts are introduced through our Discovery area and sand and water table encourage children learn about science through hands on activities.
- Matching, Sorting and Sequencing- there are many opportunities for children to exercise these pre readings skills.
- Creative Play- Our Dramatic play area offers children the space to ‘pretend play’ and cooperatively work with their peers. Activities may include opening a restaurant or healing a sick pet at the veterinary clinic.
- Independence Activities- Children will be supported and encouraged develop independent skills such as dressing themselves, toilet learning, tying of their shoes etc.
- Art- Our art center will provide children opportunities to paint, collage, mold, and create little master pieces.
- Music and Rhythm- Singing, music, and dancing are a staple in our classrooms.
- Social-Emotional- Our daily social-emotional curriculum, using Second Step, will help children to strengthen problem solving skills, share, build team work, and express their feelings positively.
3. What are your teachers’ qualifications?
PC Tots hires teachers that love working with young children and demonstrate to us a passions providing an environment that is safe, nurturing, and enriching. PC Tots hires lead teachers who have bachelors degrees in any field and assistant teachers with a high school diploma. All teachers are above 18 years old and must hold a current CPR and first aid certification.
4. Is my child old enough?
YES! PC Tots offers care and education for children 6 weeks old through 5 years old.
5. What is the public school age requirement?
Utah public schools require children to be 5 by September 1st to begin the school year. If your child turns 5 after September 1st, PC Tots is equipped and trained to provide your child with a developmentally appropriate experience in our Preschool classroom.
6. What are the ratios, space, availability and days of your programs?
PC Tots offers Monday through Friday programs, 7:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Program | Ratio | Spaces Available
Infants | 1:4 | 8
Toddlers | 1:4| 8
2 Yr Olds | 1:7 | 14
Preschool | 1:14 | 28
7. What if I want to see the PC Tots Center for a tour?
Please email ParkCityTots@gmail.com and our Administration will schedule an onsite visit. We are available for tours 9:00am-12:00pm Monday-Friday.
8. Do I need to send a breakfast and lunch?
Yes, meals are not provided at PC Tots. We will offer the first packed meal between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. if your child arrives after 9:00 a.m. you will need to have fed him or her at home.
If your child is bottle fed (formula or breast milk) you will need to prepare the bottle at home, label it with the preparation time, and cool it in our PC Tots refrigerator.
9. What if I am still breast feeding my infant?
If you want to continue to breast feed while your child is in the care of PC Tots, we will provide you will a feeding chair and private space to feed your baby.
10. What is your discipline approach?
PC Tots uses Positive Discipline approach to encourage positive behaviors in the classroom. To learn more about our discipline approach, please see your Policies and Procedures and Parent Handbook >Discipline.
11. When will I know if we have a confirmed space?
Please submit an Admissions Agreement under there registration tab to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your Admissions Agreement has been received, PC Tots will contact you with confirmation that your child has joined our first come-first serve waitlist. When a space becomes available, a representative from PC Tots will contact you to offer a placement for your child. To secure your child's placement, the family will be responsible for the first month of your child's tuition.
12. How do I pay tuition? Can I pay with credit card?
PC Tots will have an automated payment system. We accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or check. Please no cash. Our payment system will keep your credit card on file for monthly billing purposes.
13. Are there fees and deposits? What is your cancellation policy?
Yes, a tuition deposit is required to reserve a place for your child equal to one month’s tuition. This deposit will be refunded if 30 days’ notice is given to the center, and there is no outstanding balance. Your deposit will be mailed to you once your account is paid in full and cleared by the bank.
There will be a $35.00 late payment fee charged to each monthly bill for any bill that is received after the fifteenth day of the month. There is a $5.00 per 5 minute late pick-up fee which is payable within 24 hours of billing using.
14. What days are you closed?
PC Tots is a 12 month program and does not close on Park City School District vacations (summer, winter, President’s Week). We strive to be responsive to the needs of working families in Park City. A signup sheet will be posted outside your child’s classroom a month in advance of major State and Federal Holidays. If there is a significant interest in operating on that holiday, PC Tots will remain open. You will be given ample notices if PC Tots will be open or closed for a specific holiday.
15. Is there a discounted rate for enrolling more than one child?
PC Tots is dedicated to offering affordable care for families in Park City. We are a small nonprofit that has set our current price so that we are sustainable and can offer high quality education and childcare. Therefore, we have set our prices as minimally as possible and cannot offer discounted rates for more than one child.
16. What are your policies regarding sick children?
PC Tots’ priority is to provide a safe and healthy environment for your children. However, no policy will eliminate the problem of illness endemic to group care – especially of young children – no policy will satisfy all the populations the center serves, and no policy can entirely eliminate the element of subjective judgment inherent to individual situations.
Staff will perform a visual daily health check on each child upon drop off every morning. Visual inspection of the child may reveal that the child is lethargic or showing complaints of pain or illness. If there is cause for concern, a teacher will take your child’s temperature. A temperature of over 100 degrees Fahrenheit is for exclusion from the group. Please see our Parent Handbook regarding other illnesses that may exclude your child from care in order to minimize the spread of illness throughout our center.